Friday, February 13, 2009

My Favorite Books


My favorite book series to read (even more than Harry Potter, shockingly enough) is The Betsy-Tacy Books by Maud Hart Lovelace. There are 13 books in the complete series. I have read each one as of this week, and I am enchanted by them. Lovelace was born in 1892 and while she told her daughter of the stories of her childhood, she came up with this series. It is based on her life. I love to look back, as I read them, and see what it was like to live in those times. The first 4 books are wonderful for younger children. She starts the first book at the time when she turned 5 years old, the very last, Betsy's Wedding, ends when she is 25 years old. I urge everyone to read these books! When I read them, I am caught up in Betsy's world like I am really there. I laugh out loud many times, and Seth looks at me funny, but I don't care. I cry with Betsy and I rejoice in her triumphs. Although the books are considered fiction. They are very real to me. What a blessing it is to be able to read!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm in the middle of the second one, and it is very enjoyable.