Friday, October 14, 2011

Apples, Leaves, Picnics, Exams, Arabic and Mechanics

(link for pic)

Yes, I love Ohio in the Autumn. What a gorgeous place! I love Cleveland by the way. Autumn is my favorite season (especially when it isn't raining). Recently, when we have gotten a little time to ourselves, Seth and I have been enjoying this beautiful world. We took a picnic to Shaker Lakes and I just marveled at the beautiful reflection of the bright, colorful trees in the water.

We also went to Chesterland to Eddy Fruit Farm, to pick apples. The drive alone was so worth it. It was so beautiful! I would love to live in a place like Chesterland. Seth and I have planned our dream home which would definitely include at least a couple acres, and we would have a big vegetable garden and we would have so much fruit, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, apples, peaches, (maybe even cherries and pears if I can convince Seth. He told me that pears are just mushy apples, but I beg to differ) Then we picked a bunch of apples. They were delicious, and it was so fun to spend that time together!


This picture is a few years old, but I just love it, so I thought it needed to be posted again.

This month, Seth has had to take 2 exams for his work, called the Series 7 (a 6 hour test), and the Series 66 (a 2.5 hour test). He has been studying for 3 months, and.... HE PASSED! Yay for Seth, I am so proud of him.

I teach English as a Second Language to international students preparing for college. I love it. Most of my students are from Saudi Arabia. And I am starting to learn Arabic! Not during class of course, because we only speak English then, but I figured, why not learn Arabic while I have over a hundred friends to help me learn and practice, and while my brain and mouth are still young. So I went to the wonderful Cleveland Library (the main one, downtown - which is soooo amazingly beautiful and historic! I love beautiful historic things, and books, so it is the perfect place for me), and I got a whole bunch of books and CD's to help me learn. It is slow going since I don't have a ton of time, but I am trying to learn at least 5 phrases a week.

Our Mechanics (Sahlani Brothers, Inc.), are awesome! Our car loves to break down too, so we have seen him a lot lately. They are from Lebanon originally, and they love to teach me Arabic too. They are so honest, and they try to teach me about my car so that I can understand. What a blessing to have a trustworthy and friendly mechanic.


2 comments:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

I sure miss seeing leaves like that! Glad you posted that picture of the both of you again - very cute!
Congrats to him passing and impressive on learning Arabic. That's really cool your mechanics try to teach you about your car too!

Sarah Newsom said...

Congratulations to Seth for passing his test. I dont like tets at all :) And you are awesome, I think the more you use your brian for learning a new language the better you get at it! good for you!