I am so thankful for the miracle of motherhood, and that I get to become a mother soon. I am more grateful than I can express. It feels like these 5 years have been a long time to wait to become a mother, as this has been my greatest hope and desire, but I know there are those who have waited much longer. I was in tears a lot today thinking of those who don't get to enjoy Mother's Day so well, for I have felt the loneliness and heartbreak of unfulfilled righteous desires and dreams. You are not forgotten, and I know that Heavenly Father loves you and remembers you.
Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles affirms that the roles and blessings of motherhood need not be exclusive to those with children of their own: “To the women within the sound of my voice who dearly want to be mothers and are not, I say through your tears and ours on that subject, God will yet, in days that lie somewhere ahead, bring ‘hope to [the] desolate heart.’” Elder Holland promises “ultimately ‘no blessing shall be withheld’ from the faithful, even if those blessings do not come immediately. In the meantime we rejoice that the call to nurture is not limited to our own flesh and blood.”
“There is no role in life more essential and more eternal than that of motherhood,” says Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. “While women live in homes under many different circumstances—married, single, widowed, or divorced, some with children and some without—all are beloved of God, and He has a plan for His righteous daughters to receive the highest blessings of eternity.” The Eternal Role of Mothers
God bless all you mothers, and those who will yet be mothers, but who have mother hearts and reach out to lift the hands which hang down and strengthen the feeble knees.
No comments:
Post a Comment