Well, we have had our cat, Scout, now for 8 months, and she has found a place in our hearts. We love having her around. She is great comical entertainment (the picture above shows her in one of the very strange poses she likes to sleep in.) and she is friendly, follows me around the house, eats when we eat, sits on your lap. All in all, she is a great cat!
Last night, Seth and I were shutting our storm windows, and we were also going to take down our air conditioning unit from our 2nd story bedroom window. The unit is very heavy, and the window is hard to open and often gets stuck. Seth pulled out the unit and started for the basement asking me to come open the basement door. I did so, but saw that the window (with no screen) was completely open. I was a little worried about Scout because she is always so curious and wants to go outside, but then I thought that she isn't stupid enough to jump from a second story window. By the time I got back upstairs, I had forgotten about it, and started cleaning up, shut the storm window and the regular window with great difficulty.
I was resting on our bed, and then I thought I saw Scouts face in the window, frantic with panic. For a split second, I thought I must be imagining this, because if I had already shut the window, how could she be holding herself from falling. I was absolutely alarmed, and yelled "Seth, Scout's outside!!!" "She is?" Then, instead of helping me, he runs away to who knows where.
So, with strength that I didn't seem to have when working with this window before, I ripped open both window, and dragged Scout inside. It just so happened there is a small, steep ledge that I didn't know was under our window, and somehow she had jumped out of the window onto it, and became alarmed after I shut the window. Her heart was beating so fast, but mine was beating faster. Then I hear Seth's voice from outside, "Emily, where is she?" I guess he misunderstood me, and didn't think she had jumped out the window, but somehow got out some other way.
Well, that was our crazy experience from last night. It was quite shocking and took me a good few minutes to recover. Hope you got a laugh out of it!
Scout is incredibly clean for how much she rolls around on the floor, especially when in crazy mode. In this video (which I took in May) she was in a crazy rolling around mood, but she often forgets what she's doing to clean herself and then goes right back to rolling.
2 comments:
I'm so glad you are blogging again--I missed you guys! I'm glad Scout is okay--how scary. Good thing you saw her through the window and got her safely in. She looks like a cat with a lot of personality. And fun to see your family gathering, and all the fun pics. And I agree, your home looks beautiful!
Wow, that is scary!!! I'm glad Scout is okay. I know what you mean about the rolling on the floor thing (except it's with Belinda, not a cat). My neighbor told me to cut off the end of some of my old socks and slip them on her legs. That way I don't worry about her pants getting dirty if she is crawling outside:)
Post a Comment