Saturday, October 3, 2009

Shepard Cook-Out

Last Saturday, we had a Shepard cook-out at our place. My Aunts Laura, Candi, Linda and Diane, Uncle Scott, and cousins Christine and Josh, and second cousin Cohen all came up to visit us from Columbus, OH (2 and a half hours away). I love hosting parties at my house! It was so nice of them to come, and I was so excited to show them our house, which (in my opinion) is getting more beautiful by the day! I just finished the swags for the dining room that same day thanks to my friend Taylor who helped so much. Thanks Taylor! (You can kind of see one of the swags behind Candi in this picture.

We played a really fun big group game called Cranium Wow. In the picture above, my Aunt Diane is drawing something with her eyes closed and the team members have to guess what it is within the time limit. I love Seth's confused look. You do lots of different activities similar to pictionary, charades, Taboo and more! I love that game. That was a great Christmas present my family gave us. This is the winning team. We were ahead the whole game, and somehow at the very end, they pulled ahead of us. I am sure my Aunt Laura attributes it to when we had to spell "bandwidth" backwards as a team. Spelling backward as a team is hard to do!


Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of Josh because he was apparently really tired, and took a 3 hour nap. :) Anyways, we had a great lunch, told stories, had some political debates (you know, the usual for a Shepard gathering) and had so much fun we decided to get pizza and a movie. We picked up the pizza and a couple movies from the Red Box, got home and ate. Somehow, we started telling stories about eating hot peppers. Candi and Diane win for the funniest stories. Diane ate one bite of an extremely hot pepper, and had an allergic reaction and got hives all over her! How terrible. I stay away from spicy things whenever possible.
Soon after we ate I fell terribly ill. It was very sad, I couldn't come back downstairs, so everyone went home and we didn't get to watch the movie together. I also didn't get to say thanks or goodbye. Other than getting so sick, it was a very fun day. Thanks Shepards!
(P.S. we did try to watch the movie "New in Town" with Renee Zellweger and Harry Connick Jr. and I loved it! I highly recommend it).


No comments: