We had a fun Memorial Day Weekend. We spent the day with Seth's Mom, Jeena and his sister Angie Brimhall and family. It was pouring rain when we got in the car to drive where we were going to picnic and hike, but when we got there it was all dry, so it worked out great.
We had a nice picnic lunch, and then we watched a demonstration of a real canal lock on the Ohio Canal. We also watched an educational video about the canals in Ohio and the history of Ohio. Jeena and I enjoyed it, I think everyone else mostly took a nap.
Then we went on a fun hike to Brandywine Falls. Hadley held my hand most of the way, and I was a happy camper. We sang some songs, and enjoyed the beauty of nature together.
I think being out in nature helped me to remember my ancestors and feel a little closer to them, It was a great Memorial Day activity. Jeena told us about how Robert, Seth's late father, loved to hike, and how they would often go hiking as a family in the mountains of Colorado where Seth grew up.
We always have fun together.
Jeena is a wonderful example to us. She has a happy, loving spirit, and wants to share everything she has with others. She loves to teach others, and she has taught me so much already. I am lucky to have such a kind mother-in-law. I can tell how my husband got to be so wonderful. He has a great mom.
3 comments:
Looks like you guys had a fun Memorial day. I've heard great things about the falls. Adam and I will have to check them out sometime.
Happy b-day to Mom! I loved her watermelon cake--so perfect for her.
Emily,
This is Stephanie (Wirtz) Simmons. Email me. I don't have your email. We are coming out there.
Love
Stephanie
stephiesimmons at Gmail
Post a Comment