Friday, November 30, 2012

I Love My Life

I feel very tired right now and would like to go to bed, but I just can't until I write down my thanks. Last night, as I nursed John, I gazed down at his little chubby fingers, saw the peaceful contentment on his beautiful face; I was filled with wonder. A wave of gratitude washed over me. Long after John was asleep, I just held him close, reflecting on my many blessings. I felt so thankful that the Lord gave me such a righteous, fun, loyal, supportive and loving husband. Seth brings me so much happiness, he creates a fullness in my life. I think of all the years that we hoped and prayed and longed for children. 
And that time is finally here. We are parents, together. It is richness to share this journey with Seth. It's a more difficult journey than I expected, but worth every effort. I love planning with Seth. Long before John came, we often planned what we would do in different parenting situations, thought of ways we could teach our children the gospel and how to be happy, hard-working, well-rounded people. I loved looking to our future together, I still do. And now those plans seem so much closer, so much more real. Not all our plans will work out, we'll have to modify and mold them to each situation, but I still love to talk about them with Seth.  I love being a mother. I just want to have a house full of children and to create such happy memories for each one of them.

Today, I bundled us up and took John for a walk to the library to get some new audio books to listen to when I'm doing the dishes, making dinner or driving (we finished the Harry Potter series...again! I love listening to Jim Dale, I give him the best actor award. I got a couple more audiobooks he's read, and I'm excited!). As I pushed the stroller, I looked down at John, smiled and made faces to make him laugh and smile, I thought, "This is the life! and it is my life. I have to make every minute count, and savor every moment. It is so precious to be alive. I am so grateful." 
Seth is in Detroit tonight. He got to go out to dinner with his mission president and his wife, the Pulsipher's. They're president and matron of the Detroit Temple. He also went to worship in the temple. Tomorrow he has a 6 hour exam that he's been studying for for months and months. What an excellent way to finish off his preparation for his test by going to the temple and seeking the Lord's help. I know he'll do great. I sure miss Seth. Being apart for even one night seems too long. I'm so proud of him, and I'll be praying for him all day tomorrow.

1 comment:

Krystal Rose Webb said...

I was thinking some of those exact thoughts the other day!!! I so wish we could be closer and have play dates with our little munchkins. But I love your blog updates, John is too cute!