Sunday, November 18, 2012

John's 3 Months Old! Part 2

Baby John has been 3 months old for half a month already! But it’s been hard to get a chance to sit down and write, but I really need to before he’s 4 months old!!
John is a SUCH a fun stage right now! I love interacting with him.
He is so responsive. He loves to look at faces and watches people very carefully.
He recognizes me and Seth! That makes me so happy.

I know that he knows us because when he sees our faces he usually smiles really big!
He loves when Daddy comes home :) He smiles and Seth makes him laugh. It is so cute.
John is really developing in his motor skills as well. He can bat at toys now and grab onto them if they are a good shape for him to grip.
His abs and legs are getting way stronger (and chubbier!) too.
He often kicks really hard and does the bicycle.
He also puts his legs straight up into the air, and they are so heavy now that they often plop down to the side!
So he has officially rolled over onto his side. I am so proud. I can see that he’s getting close to rolling from his tummy to his back too, so I wouldn’t be surprised if that happens in a few weeks.
John is getting much better at tummy time. He hates it less, and this week he even held his head up for a full 3 straight minutes!
He drools most of the time and loves to lick anything near his face.
We took John out in the cold weather, which has sometimes been windy and rainy. Whenever he feels the wind or rain, he sputters and spits! He really doesn’t like it. It’s kind of funny, but only because it only lasts for a few seconds before we get him inside.
John loves to sit upright. If you hold his waist, he can sit so tall and prefers that position. He does not like to be cradled unless I’m feeding him.
He also loves for you to hold his waist so he can stand up and bounce. He can support a whole lot of his weight. He is just growing so fast!
 John's a talker. He loves to gurgle and coo, often during church - which distracts many admirers...sorry! - and I just love that he is expressing himself, even though I don't know what he's saying.
When I nurse John, his free hand is almost always moving around. It’s almost like he’s doing a little dance with his arm, moving it back and forth, flaring out his little hand. It just brings me joy to watch him. And PS, I am so grateful that nursing does get better after the first couple months. Yes, I am so thankful.
John is very good at holding his hands together. And they are often in his mouth. 
He loves to suck on his fingers, and he often sticks them back too far and gags himself. That always scares me. I cut John’s nails for the first time a week ago. That was scary. I did it when he was asleep, but it was still so hard! I’ll have to get better with practice.
John is getting so tall that he doesn't fit in a lot of his 3 month clothes. Most of the 3-6 month clothes fit, and a lot of the 6 month clothes. I often feel like he only wears each thing a couple times, and then he’s grown out of it!
Our home scale says he’s 15.5 lbs now (can you believe it!?), and we have his 4 month check up soon, so stay tuned for stats!

1 comment:

Denisse said...

I love that smiling face! He is so cute Emily! It sounds like you're enjoying him so much! This stage just flies by, next thing you know he'll be walking!:)