Thursday, September 20, 2012

John's 7 Week Old! 9-18-12

John is 7 weeks old! Can you believe it! Our little baby is growing up so fast. 
- He can hold his head up now whenever he is awake! 
- He is getting so much stronger; it hurts when my abdomen gets in the way of one of his big kicks. It's like the reverse of having him inside kicking out!
- John is gaining more and more control over his arms, hands and fingers. He gets his hands to his mouth when he wants to more often. And he likes to make a grabbing/scratching motion with his hands.
- He still loves to stick out his tongue, and I love to watch him when he sucks on his tongue in his sleep. And he often buzzes his lips and his tongue, especially when he's hungry.
- John can see a lot farther now, at least 5 or 6 feet, because he definitely knows when we open the door to peak in at him.
- And he can hear better too. Our stairs creak louder than any others I have ever heard, and he knows when we're coming up or going down!
- He is becoming more and more interactive. He loves to look at us, and he smiles and makes cooing sounds at us, especially when we talk to him and smile. - Oh, the joy that brings to my heart!

Tummy time on the play mat.
 Definitely blue eyes (although they could still change....maybe - I doubt it)


John's hair is starting to grow back on top. It is so soft! Sometimes, in the light it almost has a reddish tint. Seth's dad and my mom both wanted kids with red hair, maybe they'll get a red headed grandson! (unlikely, but possible). Perhaps he will have auburn hair. That's a nice word, auburn.


John is making really cute baby noises, and smiling a lot more. We love it! And I think you will too :)

Well, he didn't need a shirt to tell us how handsome he is, but he has one.



This is John's cute pouting that he does to tell us he needs a nap. - He's had the hiccups for a while - he is a hiccup machine! - and he gets really annoyed by them.

John likes to be patriotic every day of the year :) And he's waving to you. - I've been thinking lately about what a blessing it is to be an American, to live in this country. We have so many privileges, rights, and opportunities that are easy to take for granted if we aren't careful. We have so much to be thankful for. Every night we go to sleep in our warm beds, in a safe and beautiful place where we enjoy our privacy and security. I am grateful for that. And I am thankful to know that John will be so blessed as he grows up to live in the land of opportunity. I do hope we'll be able to go to places with our family where we can learn more about and from people who are less fortunate, and that we might be able to help them.


More adorable noises and smiles.

Chillin' in his bunny seat.
Put up your dukes!

Showing off his chubby legs, kicking skills and sneezing abilities.


Splish splash, John was takin' a bath!













John doesn't mind baths, we think he actually likes them, when it's not too cold in the house. He goes pretty wild and squirms all around when we try to wash his face, but otherwise, he just enjoys the water, and tries to put his soapy wrists in his mouth.













Yo, yo, yo! Party at the Wagner's house!

















He just looked so adorable all wrapped up in his towel. We just love our little boy!

P.S. My sister-in-law, Lani had her baby girl (her 6th child) yesterday! (She had the baby 3 minutes after she got to the hospital. Crazy.) Mom and baby are doing well, and we are so excited. Congratulations Hacking family! John is so excited to meet his new cousin :) And so are we.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all these post updates! I miss you so much and really wish I could hold John. He is so cute, and I am so happy for you.

lani said...

He is so adorable! I see a definite resemblance to some of papa's baby pictures. Can't wait for Kalia to meet john so they can start becoming cousin buddies for life!