I wanted to dye Easter Eggs, so on Saturday, Seth and I went grocery shopping, and I got an extra carton of eggs. But the store had no dying kits. So we went to CVS. They were out, but they had chocolate bunnies. So we went to Target. It looked like the Easter aisle had bee ransacked. But they had a transformers dye kit, and a sports one. We got the sports one, but they had no chocolate bunnies. My mom always got them for us on easter, and Seth wanted me to have one, so then we went to Walgreens. Lo and behold, right when we walked in we saw 20+ normal PAAS dying kits.... That was disappointing. They had tons of chocolate bunnies and easter items galore. That'll teach us for next time, go to Walgreens. We worked so hard that whole day, and we boiled the 12 extra eggs, and then I felt sick. So we didn't even dye them after all! How sad is that!? So now we have a dozen white hard boiled eggs. I guess I'll have to make eggs salad or something.
Well Easter was a wonderful day for us. I got so much out of church. Our Sunday School teacher had us all stand up, and said "Stay standing if you've read and prepared for the lesson." All but one person sat down. That really called me to repentance. We talked about how the Holy Spirit is the real teacher no matter who is called to speak or teach. The more spiritually prepared we are, the more we will be taught, comforted and edified at church, and in our daily scripture study. Seth and I made one of our famous apple pies, and went over to the Brimhall's (Seth's sister Angie's) for Easter dinner. The kids decided they wanted it to be backwards day, so we ate dinner backward, ending with the vegetables, and told the story of Christ's last week on Earth. That end with Him experiencing unspeakable agony and sorrow in the garden of Gethsemane, and the kids not wanting to eat their brocolli. Angie and Jeff did their best to make it a fun, educational and spiritual dinner, and I give props to them. But I don't think I will ever want to do Easter dinner, or the Easter story backwards again. There is a good reason dessert comes last, and an even better one that the glorified ressurected Christ comes at the end of the story. It is the best part! The happiest, most wonderful part! I like to have that part come last.
We got to talk to our mothers on Easter, and I thought about how much my family means to me. Because of Christ's great sacrifice, His atonement and resurrection, we all have the opportunity to live forever, eternally happy with our families. That is the very best news I know. It gives me a good reason to try my best every day. It gives this life a good reason for living. I am so grateful for the truth of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I know He lives, and He is directing His church. He loves all of us and wants us to be happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment